Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oven Omelet & Looking Into Asperger Syndrome

I decided on having breakfast for dinner last night. I really wanted to try out another one of the recipes on The Five J's blog. {I'm so happy I came upon this blog! If I have not mentioned it lately!}

Cooking is such a magical art isn't it? How you can turn a bunch of ingredients, like in the picture above, into a filling delicious meal for a family! It is just amazing!


First off, I had to get my buns started...

Put it in the bread maker for it to "do it's thing" while I got some other things ready to go.

Like I shredded the cheese...


...and cubed the ham...


I also went ahead and sliced the sausage and got that ready to cook...



About an hour later, the dough was ready to come out of the bread machine...


After letting the dough rest for a few minutes...it was time to get my buns into shape...


I sat these on my preheating oven to rise while I put together the Oven Omelet.

Here is mine BEFORE it went into the oven with the buns...


When the buns were done, I buttered them. Then started to put the rest of the breakfast/dinner together. I heated up some hash brown patties and some applesauce.


Danny, Arlee, Frosty, and I really liked the Oven Omelet. The two younger boys are a little pickier, so they were not too crazy about it....but that really was not too big of a surprise.


Last night, late last night, I was IMing back and forth with another mom on Cafe Mom. I mentioned about what the Dr had said about Zach possibly having Autism. I talked just a little about him, and she thought that maybe it sounded to her more like Asperger Syndrome.

So, just like any other respectable Digital Mom would do, I hit the internet this morning looking it up to find out more. I came across many different websites, naturally, with lists of symptoms...and I do think that they describe Zachary much better!

I have only begun looking into this, and am very anxious for when we can go back to the Dr and discuss this more with him.

If anyone reading this has any helpful links for me about Asperger, parenting a Asperger child, and/or home schooling a Asperger child, I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE them!

Well, that's all I have time for today. Have a great day All!

No comments:

Post a Comment