Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ July 26



For Today... July 26th


Outside my window... BEAUTIFUL! Sunny, with a blue sky! Looks GREAT outside today!

I am thinking... About sending a note via Facebook to my nephew because I have not talked to him in a while.

From the learning rooms... We will be starting just a little today! I'm excited! Arlee and Frosty will be starting their first of four novels today. Arlee will be reading The Outsiders, and Frost will be reading The Cricket in Time Square. I'm going to to to set up a routine of certain things that I will go over with Zach daily. Like read thru the alphabet with sounds, counting to 100, counting by 2's, 5's, 10's, math facts, sight words, and reading from a book. Then we might do some Math worksheets, or jump on Study Island {offered thru our virtual school}. With Liam, I have a learning bag from the library to work with him on. We are mostly working on colors right now. He knows the basic Red, Blue, Green...but we are working on others like purple, yellow, black, brown, etc. I would also like for everyone to watch the ABC's Signing Time today. And work our way thru Arlee, Frosty's, and Zachary's daily 3 a day {read to self, read to someone else, listen to reading}.

I am thankful for... Well, since we are getting started with our school today, I would like to mention how thankful I am for the opportunity to home school them!!

From the kitchen... I'm hoping to get some bread started today for the week. I also had a friend of Husband's and IL's give me some zucchinis...so I would like to get some zucchini bread made today, as well.

I am wearing... Capris and shirt...like usual. {I didn't even have to change this from last week! LOL...it's what I am usually wearing!}

I am reading... Really nothing at the moment...I am anxiously waiting for Arlee to get started and finish up with The Outsiders! It was one of my favs to read growing up! I'm looking forward to reading it again! It won't take her long to get thru it. After spending the last week or so working her way thru the Harry Potter series {she's on book 6}, this book is nothing! She'll probably tear thru it all in one afternoon!

I am hoping... To work on the front of our house this week. We ran out of time on Friday, and Saturday was just way to wet! SO maybe over the course of this week we can get it spruced up!

I am creating... A pot of coffee here in just a minute! LOL!...does that count??

I am hearing... The kids watching the Disney Channel. I think it's like Lilo and Stitch.

Around the house... Well, like I mentioned above, I'm hoping to spruce up the outside this week. Also, we finally got paint for the back room!! So, {hopefully} we will get some painting done either this week or this upcoming weekend! YIPEE...I'm so happy!!

One of my favorite things... One of my NEW favorite things is my new earrings!! Yesterday, I noticed that Danny's earring just didn't have much of any luster left. So when we were out and about at the store, we bought a pack of earrings...basically just for the ONE for him! But, I get all the rest that came with it! YEAH ME! They ended up being hypo allergenic...and I don't know if that is why, but when I put them in my 2nd holes I forget they are there! Which is a lovely thing! All my other earrings, for the past few years, when I put them in my 2nd holes, they will just bug the crap out of me!! They itch and feel weird and all. So, I was VERY happy last night when I didn't have any of those problems!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Just work around the house sprucing it up. Tomorrow is Kids' Day at our County Fair...we talked about going, but don't know for sure if we will go or not after Danny gets home from work. Danny and Cooper has their last obedience class on Thursday, and Arlee has her guitar lesson on Thursday as well. Friday Arlee has a dr appointment. And, we will have to get things together for Frosty because he will leave for overnight Boy Scout Camp next Monday morning.

Here is a picture I wanted to share with you..

Here is Liam when we went up to the park a week or so ago. He's soo cute!

LOL....I remember that on this day, everytime Zach would come down the slide his hair would stand on end because of the static! It was SOOOO funny, but I didn't get a picture of that one! But, I think I have an old one of that happening to Liam...and I think it was at this same park....

Oh yes...here it is....LOL

Look at how short his hair is there!!! WOW! Here's one from just a few weeks ago to compare better! Funny, because back last summer, when the top pic was taken, we thought his hair was long then!

*I just noticed...he's even wearing the same shirt! LOL!

Visit The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment