Monday, June 29, 2009

Zach's Dr. Appt, Arlee Camp, Breakfast

Good afternoon, friends! I'm getting a late start to my day! We all didn't get up until after 10am, then I got hooked on my computer...I really need to work on that one! Danny has me now addicted to Mobsters on MySpace! Ugh! We are in a competition on how many mobbies we each have! LoL!

I'm just now getting to making our breakfast. This morning it will be pancakes with strawberries, whipped cream, and syrup! Unfortunately, I won't be having any! I'll be having my two scrambled eggs!

While I'm waiting for my griddle to heat up, I wanted to share a blog with you all that I stumbled across, The Five J's. I found it the other day while doing some looking on the net. I've only looked thru it a little, but have found a few things of interests...so I wanted to pass it on to everyone!

Okay, well, my pancakes are cooking now, and the strawberries are already cut up...so what can I share with you now that I'm flipping the pancakes?? Oh, how about Zach's Dr's appointment this past Friday?

Here he is when we went to pick Arlee up from her Girl Scout Overnight Camp...


So, this past Friday, Arlee, Zachary, & I went to the Dr's office. It was an appointment for Zachary...Arlee tagged along because we were picking up one of her friends on the way home. We were at the Dr's to discuss Zachary maybe having ADHD.

The Dr asked me why I think he may have ADHD. He also asked me more specific questions about some of Zach's behaviors. In the end, and mind you this was our FIRST and ONLY appointment discussing these things with our Dr. He says he suspects that Zach does have ADHD, and possibly some ODD {Oppositional Defiance Disorder}, and maybe even be on the spectrum of Autism. WOW.

The Dr suggested that Danny & I take the Vanderbilt Assessment Scale test. I actually will need to take it twice...one as to what he does in our "home" environment, and one as to what he does in our "school" environment. Here are the links to the parents test...

Vanderbilt Assessment Scale ~ Parent Test

The parents test and teachers tests are similar...you can do a google search for Vanderbilt Assessment Scale to find MANY different links to them.

We have to make another appointment to go back to talk with the Dr. We are hoping, after Arlee's guitar lessons are over, and Cooper's puppy classes are over, Danny & I will be able to get a Thursday Evening appointment. That way, maybe, we can get Danny's mom to watch the other 3 kids...and the two of us can go together with Zach. Dr Reynolds says he will be able to better see what we are dealing with once he sees our completed tests.

Okay...well, I've still got a few more batches of pancakes to go...I did mention Arlee's Girl Scout Overnight Camp a little earlier...how about a couple pictures from that? All these pics are from her last day when we came to pick her up to bring her home!

She was SO TIRED!!


Here is when Arlee's group leader was telling about how Arlee was always with her, and always ready to help out all during camp.


All the girls learned the dance moves to the Hoedown Throwdown and they all danced it for all the parents!


Oh yeah...the pancakes are all finally done and together! Don't they look yummy?


Well, now that breakfast is finally out, I guess I better start my day! I'll be trying a new recipe for lunch today...I'll update you all on them tomorrow!

Have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment