Sunday, May 24, 2009

~Weight Loss Journal ~



Just to recap the week...


*Last Sunday I weighed in at 200.5

*Started Atkins diet Sunday morning.

  • Breakfast each day was 2 eggs, scrambled, with a dab of butter, garlic powder, and pepper
  • Lunch each day was a salad {lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, 1000 Island dressing} and 1 can of tuna with a couple spoonfuls of the Aldi brand of Miracle Whip mixed in.
  • Dinner for 5 nights had a salad {like above} I changed up the main course a little 1 chicken breast dipped in Ranch dressing about 3 nights, 1 hamburger patty with cheese and a little mayo on top 1 night, one evening I made wraps out of the lettuce with the sliced chicken breasts inside with cheese, tomato, and Ranch dressing. Last night I made a HUGE salad...then chopped up the chicken breast to add to the salad. The night I went grocery shopping I was SOOOO tired when I got home, I made a few deviled eggs and those filled me up, and I ended up going to bed early because I was just so tired!

* Walked Daily. For 6 days, every morning, I walked for 30 mins around our yard. A couple days, I walked again in the evening. On Friday, I went grocery shopping at Aldi, Meijer, and WalMart. Along with just walking arounf in the store, I also park FAR back in the parking lot so I get a good walk just walking to the front door! So I do count that Friday I took my walk.

*I have slowly, over the week, started drinking more water. Seems like I didn't really need it as much the beginning of my week, as I do now at the end. I just crave it more.

*I have had added energy this week! Which feels GREAT!!

So that brings us up to today....my weigh in for May 24th...end of week 1... is....193.5...that is a 7lb loss!!!! I'm SO excited!!!


Goals for the Week Ahead...

*Keep up walking for 30 mins every morning.

*Make it a priority for an evening walking at least 3 times this week.

*Add more water.

*Menu will be a little different...

  • Breakfast will still be 2 scrambled eggs with butter, garlic powder, pepper
  • Lunch will still be a salad {lettuce, cheese, tomato, cucumber, 1000 Island Dressing} with 1 can of tuna mixed with a couple spoonfuls of the Aldi brand of Miracle Whip.
  • Dinner will have a salad each night {lettuce, cheese, tomato, cucumber, 1000 Island dressing....main meat will be steak 3 nights, chicken 3 nights with marinade, taco "fillings" {everything but the shell} 1 night.
  • I also picked up a case of Diet Rite. From the last time I did the Atkins diet, I found this is the BEST diet pop for me. I will allow myself 1 pop a night with dinner....which then I usually can just sip on for the rest of the evening.


Thanks for reading....I'm off to get ready for my walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment